Sunday, April 26, 2009

The True Confessions of Charolette Doyle


I am reading The True Confessions of Charolette Doyle by Avi for AG. It is about a girl named Charolette who is heading to the USA from England on a ship called the Seahawk. She is very uncomfortable with her small cabin and people who act like pirates. The only thing that motivates her is the captain, Andrew Jaggery. She admires him and says, "You remind me of my father!".

I am very impressed with Charolette, she is going on a 2 month boat ship by herself with people completely opposite of what she is used to. She is used to being treated like a princess in her home in Liverpool, England. It would be very hard for me, I would also be scared because she was givin a dagger. I would've been freaked out if a crew member thought that I would need a dagger, this makes me think that danger is coming and she will have to use it. I predict that once Charolette gets used to the crew and ship, something bad will come, something bad enough to make her have to use her dagger. This is a very entrueging story,


A.F

1 comment:

Ms. English said...

AF --

Excellent survey and sharing of your thoughts! :) So, has Charlotte had to use the dagger yet? Great job making the inference that danger would come because Charlotte had the dagger! What do you think is the hardest part of this voyage for Charlotte? Why?