Monday, June 1, 2009

The Kid Who Became President

Dear Class,
    
       I am reading, The Kid Who Became President by Dan Gutman. It is by a boy named Judson Moon who is the first kid ever, to be president. The story takes the reader through the first year in Judson's eyes of being president. He starts out the presidency with a high approval rating, and everyone seems to like him. Then the economy turned bad, and Judson didn't know how to fix it. His approval rating sunk to 15% of americans. Then, for some reason, at the end of his first year, his approval rating sky-rockets to the highest rating, ever, of a president. Sadly, he then decides to retire, after his first year.

    
    I am very interested in this book, it makes me think about being President differently, because it puts the presidency in a kids perspective, which I highly relate to. I was thinking about this book and I was wondering, what if a kid could really be a president? The law says we cant because, we are to young and we dont know about polotics or america than adults. I was thinking, what if there was a kid who did know about polotics and america? What if he would be a better president than most people? America still wouldn't let him become president, because he is a kid. Wouldn't that be a stereotype?

     This book is very interesting, it gives me a good understanding about what the presidency really looks like. I now, have a whole different view on what it is like to be president. I am thinking, what would it really be like if a kid were president? Would America be doing good, bad, or what? I still think that there should be a test, or servey that the kid who wants to president can take, and if they pass it, they can run for president.

 -Andrew

4 comments:

Mr. AZ said...

how did moon become the president is it from the past thing he did or he just became it? And what will he do for the economy just like the economy right now?

Andrew said...

Well, I think that the setting is in the future, since now, there is a law that kids cant vote or run for president. I think he fixed it by opening up new jobs, which helped produce more services and things to buy, which helped spending to go up, which helped the stock market grow back to better prices. It was slow but he did great, and he got the economy back to normal!

Guest Account said...

sounds good maby I will read it
ZH

ben said...

i might want to read this :)